AT 5:00 pm today, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson will launch an auction of rock memorabilia on eBay in support of Grapes for Humanity, an organization that helps to raise funds to benefit humanitarian causes around the world with the assistance of the international wine community.
Included in this auction will be:
- A Geddy Lee Fender Jazz bass AND a rare Garrison G-50E Custom Acoustic guitar used by Alex on the Snakes & Arrows tour. They have both been signed by Geddy and Alex as well as by members of Depeche Mode, TOOL, The Fray, Pearl Jam, Judas Priest and many more in Support of Grapes for Humanity.
- A Gibson Les Paul Axcess “Custom Shop” guitar which was used by Alex Lifeson in a recent secret session. The guitar will be autographed and will be accompanied by a signed photo of Alex with the Guitar.
- A Sabian Paragon Diamondback Chinese 20″ Cymbal, from Neil Peart’s personal kit, with Neil’s signature.
- A rare limited edition Airstream Epiphone Trailer Park Boys “The Movie” guitar signed by Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Geddy and Alex.
- A Jane’s Addiction prize pack which includes a signed cymbal and poster from their most recent tour with NIN.
To check out these items online, please follow this link and BID.
ALL proceeds will be directed to Grapes for Humanity www.grapesforhumanity.com
The focus of Grapes for Humanity is to providea better quality of life for victims and survivors of disasters. We help these individuals become self-sufficient citizens to go on to lead fulfilling and productive lives. Funds are raised through various international wine events, wine auctions, corporate and private home wine tastings. Through our partners we direct the proceeds of these events to those in immediate need. Grapes for Humanity is an organization that is run on the strength of its volunteers. We pride ourselves on the fact that all monies raised go directly to our chosen partner.
The proceeds from this auctiont will be donated to HALO for their on-going work with victims of landmines in Angola.
The money we raise through the on-line auction will be matched by the Julia Burke Foundation in California.